Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Marginalized News Sources

One of my New Year's resolutions is to actively try harder to hear the voices of others, specifically those of marginalized individuals/groups with which I don't identify. I hope that by seeking out the voices of others, I can increase my own awareness and empathy as well as, educate those around me thus standing in solidarity with these individuals/groups.

Listening to marginalized individuals and spreading their stories, experiences, and histories will not make me a perfect activist and my work should surely not end there. However, it is a start. And it is an easy start for those who wish to educate themselves and become more aware of the diversity and power differentials that exist in our world.

So I've compiled a list of online news websites/resources that focus specifically on the news and voices of various marginalized groups and here they are:

Indigenous News

Native Times

Image result for standing rock water protectors

African American News


Image result for black lives matter 2016

Latino/a News


Image result for latino news 2016

API News



Image result for asian pacific islander rights

Muslim News


March against Islamophobia in Minneapolis, Minnesota on September 17. (Photo by Fibonacci Blue)

Peoples with Disabilities News


Image result for disabilities rights 2016

Queer News


Image result for orlando shooting

Undocumented Peoples News


Image result for immigration reform

No comments:

Post a Comment